This sale is for a Sofior Grey Early Quartz Gents Watch
New old stock , unused and fresh from 50 years of storage . Circa 1970s, Swiss, rare quartz movement Tissot caliber 2030 and complete with swing tag .
The movement was cutting edge technology of its day and to set is a sequence of pushing and holding the crown like a button - The second and minute hand whirring around by an incredible little micro motor . The crown is pulled out and turned to set the hour and date only. These were fabulously reliable and pretty bullet proof movements using metal gears and cogs instead of today nasty cheap plastic movements.
- Condition - New old stock but it has some light storage marks/scratches . Please see all pictures . In perfect working order , keeping time . This watch has just been serviced .
- Age / Circa - Made in the 1970s
- Movement - Early quartz / electronic movement . Tissot caliber 2030 .
- Dial - Stunning electric blue dial with a chapter ring set in rectangular aperture. Date window is at 3 .
- Crystal - Mineral Glass .
- Case - Tonneau shape case . In chromium with snap on stainless back cover .
- Case Size - 40mm top to bottom 37mm side to side ( without crown ) and 12.5mm depth
- Bracelet - Original , original but unsigned bracelet and complete with swing tag . Fits max 7 3/4" wrist .