This sale is for a 1970s Vintage Lanco Autolub Wind Up Gents Watch .
Here is circa 1970s Lanco with a Cal Tissot 2270 wind up movement . Swiss made and affiliated with Omega/Tissot so you know it is a quality piece and it is also brand new old stock .
Here is a fine example of the very rare Lanco which is part of the Tissot group . This is born out by the movement which is from the Tissot buggy autolub range . This wind-up mechanical movement was a result of extensive research into new technologies and experiments with new materials by Tissot . Known as " Tissot Research Idea 2001 " , also called the Astrolon . Developed by Tissot as an inexpensive design since much of the gear wheels are made of plastic . Unfortunately it proved to be insufficiently accurate and was a marketing disaster .
- Condition - New old stock , In perfect working order and keeping time .
- Age / Circa - Made in the 1970s
- Movement - Swiss mechanical wind-up , Cal Tissot 2270 , 1 jewel wind up movement . May not keep good time as these were known for .
- Dial - Handsome bronze tones with gold batons and hands and date window at 3 .
- Crystal - Acrylic.
- Case - Large cushion shape and finished in deep gold plate . Stainless screw back cover .
- Case Size - 42mm top to bottom 36mm side to side ( without crown ) and 12mm depth
- Bracelet - Generic - quality gold plate over stainless steel bracelet .